Thursday, December 29, 2011

TELL ME I'M PRETTY!

All too often, girls seem to think that if they "drop hints," their guy will pick up on it, and do whatever it is that girl is hinting at. I hate to break it to you girls that think this is a full proof plan, but men are not designed to be able to pick up on subtlty. For example. Generic girl wants flowers. Generic girl says, "Wow, Generic Boyfriend. My Generic friend's boyfriend bought her flowers. Wasn't that nice of him? God that was nice of him. I bet she really enjoyed those flowers. They were really pretty. They looked like they smelled really nice. God I bet those flowers just made her so happy." Do you know what Generic Boyfriend heard? Generic Boyfriend heard the story of Generic Girl's friend's boyfriend getting her flowers, and he was probably tempted to say, "cool story, bro.".= I promise, he did not understand that she wanted flowers. What Generic Girlfriend should have said was, "Hey, Generic Boyfriend, We are going out this weekend. I would really like it if you got me flowers to go with our date." Do you know what Generic Boyfriend heard? He heard that she wanted flowers. Girls also have a tendency to indirectly ask for complements. I absolutely HATE it when girls say absolute crap like, "god, I'm ugly." All this girl is doing is fishing for a complement. Instead of calling herself ugly, waiting for the boy to argue, she should do what I do. "TELL ME I'M PRETTY!" I know I"m no Jessica Alba. But I think I'm pretty. Even still, it's nice to hear. When I want to hear that I'm pretty, I don't lie and tell Zach that I think I'm ugly. I say (sometimes I yell), "TELL ME I'M PRETTY!" Then I give him a flirty little michivious grin, and he tells me that I'm beautiful. "But, Wendi," some may argue, "I really don't think I'm pretty." Well. If you REALLY don't think you're pretty, you have another problem entirely. I promise that confidence will add like... sixty-eight pretty points. And if you really are just absolutely hopelessly ugly... well. You can always try to be funny. OR, you can find a boy who is just as hopelessly ugly as you. I digress. The point is, your boyfriend doesn't think you're ugly. If he thought you were ugly, he probably wouldn't be with you. Not that I'm saying all men are shallow enough to dismiss a girl just for being ugly, but if he is regularly taking time out of his day to spend time with you, and he treats you right, I promise it isn't because he thinks you're ugly. So go ahead. Ask him to tell you that you're pretty. He already thinks it. And we all like to hear it. Just ask. Do you want him to give you flowers? Ask him. Do you want him to take you somewhere new? Ask him. Do you feel like you don't have as much of his attention as you deserve? You definitely SHOULDN'T do something drastic to get it. You should just... tell him. Tell him that you feel like his XBox gets more love than you. Tell him that you feel like his bottle neck and poker buddies get more attention than you. Communication is quite possibly the strongest factor in keeping a relationship. It also tends to be one of the most neglected. Which is probably why the divorce rate is so ridiculous these days. This goes for guys too: If you aren't happy, if something doesn't feel right, say something. And if you feel like you can't tell your partner that something is wrong, then you have a bigger problem altogether.

On an entirely different note:
I have been neglecting this already. But I'm in a coffee shop... drinking my first mug of coffee... ever... it's like two shots of espresso... some chocolate stuff... and loads of sugar... and a puff of cinnamon. It is wonderful. My point is... what better setting for blogging, right?
What should I write about next. Hit me up on Facebook!
And... I'll take ideas and stuffs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment